Thanks for visiting Forge of Honor’s media page.
Images and assets are available below for the purpose of editors, journalists and bloggers who are writing about Forge of Honor toys. If you are looking for free avatar badges and activity pages, please visit the Team Targimals page and Targimals.com.
High-res images available:
More images are available on request.
If you are seeking images or content for non-editorial purposes, please contact us at email@example.com.
By copying or making any use of the image below, you acknowledge that you have read and understand, and agree to, the Image Usage Agreement below that governs your use of the Image. If you do not agree to the Agreement’s terms, do not copy or use the Image in any way, unless you have written permission signed by Forge of Honor.
Subject to the terms of this Agreement, the Image cannot be used to promote or sell any product or technology (such as on advertising, brochures, book-covers, stock photos, t-shirts, or other promotional merchandise). As between you and Forge of Honor, Forge of Honor is and shall remain the sole and exclusive owner of the Image.
Interested in receiving a sample of the toys? Please fill out this form and we will contact you: Media Sample Request
[one_fourth]Instructions: Right click thumbnail and select “Save As” to download
[one_fourth ] [/one_fourth]
Latest Press Releases:
August 18, 2014 — Play with your children — they will love you for it
Reports of parents playing with children are on the rise as Forge of Honor Toys expands into sales
July 29, 2013 — The Power of Pink Swords (and Blue, and Green, and Orange…)
Not just for boys, Forge of Honor toys promote every child’s creativity, courage and character
July 24, 2013 — Family-friendly toy campaign on Kickstarter ending soon
Forge of Honor’s plush swords, shields and sidekicks winning raves from parents. Get the latest on the books!
Download PDF (images on request or see below)
July 2, 2013 — The Art of the Kickstarter (or how to help people figure this out)
As crowdfunding seeks a mainstream audience, one Kickstarter creator turns to quirky campaign posters to educate the masses
Images (high-resolution available on request)
June 2013 — Kickstart a child’s imagination: New toys encourage creativity and play
Finally, a sword and shield strong enough to fight monsters, but safe and soft enough for sleeping
Download PDF or Word document
[/one_third] [two_third last=last]
Accolades and stories somebody else wrote about us:
- Figures.com (All Toy & Action Figure News): Event Coverage, Anime Expo 2014, July 11, 2014
“There are lots of really well-thought details too like the way the Targimals attach to the shields, and the pillow on the reverse side of them for rest during play or sleepovers. It’s a really fun and uplifting line, and something I look forward to introducing to my son.”
- Examiner: Forge of Honor for family fun, May 28, 2014
- Toy News Online: Kickstarter success Forge of Honor starts shipping, May 23, 2014
- GeekMom: Cuddly Forge of Honor Creatures Fend Off Night Terrors, August 3, 2013
“If your little one has monsters, ducks or some other boogeyman on the brain, you may want to invest in a Targimal, a Bordor Blade, or a Bordor Shield.”
- Nerdy With Children: Targimals Bring Bravery and Honor to Playtime, August 1, 2013
“Forge of Honor … well exceeded its original $18,000 goal. Why? Because the public has spoken, and they’re awesome.“
- DJ Grandpa’s Crib podcast: Interview with Forge of Honor creator and his daughter, July 29, 2013 (MP3 track)
- Middle-Earth News: An Eagle’s View of Middle-earth – Kickstarters!, July 28, 2013
“If you have children, know children, or are a child yourself, I want to share another great project on Kickstarter that is sure to be a hit with kids and parents…”
- Geeky Hostess: Friday Favorites, July 26, 2013
“I’m in love. Am I too old to get this for myself?”
- Babylicious by Figur8: Interview with Dale Taylor – Creator of Forge of Honor Targimal and Border Blades and Shields, July 25, 2013
“…We have chosen to support (Forge of Honor) because we believe it is important to preserve that healthy imagination and creativity that exists in every child.”
- Nerd Trek: Forge of Honor – Nerd Parents Take Heed!, July 24, 2013
- GeekNative: Roleplaying parents can defend their kids from monsters, July 24, 2013
“As a gaming parent you invite monsters into your home on a regular basis. Sometimes you slay them. Sometimes you become them. That’s cool. … But as The Simpsons’ Helen Lovejoy reminds us: ‘Think of the children! Oh, won’t somebody please think of the children!'”
- Ravenous Role Playing: Watching Wednesday: Forge of Honor, July 24, 2013
“These plushy toys for children (and probably some adults out there) will be much safer for the wee ones than the weaponry my friends and I chose to use back in the day.”
- Baby Bear Hugs: Forge of Honor! July 22, 2013
“(Baby Bear) recently has become scared of the dark and does not want to sleep alone. What if she had this pink plush sword and shield to defend her from the things that she might be scared of? “
- Babylicious by Figur8: Forge of Honor – Fighting Bedtime Monsters in the Name of Imaginative Play, July 20, 2013
“Even if your child is not afraid of the night, the Targimals and Bordor Blades and Shields are a great way to encourage imaginative play for children…”
- Hand Cannon Online: Kickstarter: Interesting Projects. Or, More Ways to Spend Money, July 19, 2013
“‘I want the purple sword, daddy.’ Now what gamer dad in his right mind would deny their child such a request? I know I couldn’t. And next thing you know, she’s calling her little brother over and asking which one he wants. Now, my daughter is asking me to look at the Kickstarter page any time I’m on the computer.”
- Centennial Citizen: Toymaker takes on bedtime monsters, July 12, 2013
- Tabletop Gaming News: Forge of Honor: Targimals and Bordor Blades & Shields Kickstarter going on now, July 10, 2013
“I know it’s a little out of our general realm of news story here on TGN, but I know there’s a lot of gamer parents out there and figured I’d share.”
- ToyNews (leading toy magazine): New toy maker takes to Kickstarter to help launch plush swords and shields set, July 8, 2013
- Examiner Parents: Forge of Honor allays nighttime terrors, July 4, 2013
“Parents, this is your opportunity to broaden your child’s imagination, encourage creativity and play while curbing any bedroom fears. Forge of Honor promises to be a force to be reckoned with!”
- Crowdfund Insider: Crowdfunding Mailbox: Forge of Honor, June 29, 2013
- PopSugar.com: Toys for Kids Who Are Afraid of the Dark: Forge of Honor Targimals: Ga Ga or Gag? June 27, 2013
“If you’ve ever gone through an “afraid of the dark” phase with your little one, you know how frustrating it can be to convince them that all is well in the world come lights out.”
High Horse Roofing, LLC dba Forge Of Honor, ©2013, All rights reserved. Forge of Honor, Targimals, Bordor Blades and Border Shields are Trademarks.